Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Coconut Cake!

I found a recipe ....and then a 'suggested change' to the same recipe .....so I'm going to post it here, even tho I haven't tried it yet.  I will.... tonite!


Ok I just did!


- Yellow BUTTER RECIPE cake mix
... 3 eggs, 1 cup water, 1/3 c butter,  1 tsp coconut extract


PLUS:
- 1 can sweetened coconut milk/cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut - Divided in 2 parts (1/2 cup & 1/2 cup)


- 1 small tub Fat Free Cool Whip (or similar topping)


Make cake according to directions, but ADD 1 tsp coconut extract AND 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
Bake according to directions.
Cool 15 min.  Poke holes in cake with fork (many holes).
Pour coconut cream all over cake in pan. Let it sink in and Cool completely.
"Frost" with whipped topping, and then sprinkle the remaining coconut on the topping.


EAT!!! and ENJOY!!!



1 comment:

  1. It was very good.... tho I have had better... I'll try another recipe soon...

    ReplyDelete