So here is the recipe I used today, which I got from www.simplyrecipes.com.
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. (I premixed these in a 2 cup glass measure then added to the bananas)
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last, mix. (I added a couple handfuls of Hazelnuts! - I was out of walnuts)
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. (At this point I sprinkled Cinnamon/sugar mix on top!)