Friday, February 21, 2014

Ruths Ravioli Crockpot Meal

I don't say that I always eat healthy... but I try.  But today, I saw another post on Facebook by another friend.. that looked positively Yummy! The challenge? To see if I can make it without buying anything new from the store! So... Here it is, and below is my 'version' of it with what I have on hand...

Crockpot meal: 
1 bag of frozen tortellini 
1 small bag of fresh spinach 
2 cans of italian style diced tomatoes 
1 box or 4 cups or vegetable broth  
1 block of cream cheese 

put all ingredients in crockpot, chunking up the cream cheese. Cook on low for 5-6 hrs. SCRUMPTIOUS!



Ok..here's what I have to try this with...
Ruths Crockpot Ravioli
1/2 bag of Frozen Ravioli
partial bag of Frozen peas & carrots
partial bag of Frozen green beans
1/2 pint of sour cream
and roughly 5 oz of whipped cream cheese
Orrington Chicken base with 4 cups of water to make the chicken broth.

Let's see how it goes! Crock pot on low for 6 hrs...

Stay tuned for pictures tonite of the end result!

Well, PERHAPS I should not have used the sour cream... and just get more cream cheese... Here's the result.. (not very appetizing)


No comments:

Post a Comment