Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Banana Bread is in the Oven!!

Today I'm making Banana Bread for a Quilting Group luncheon. It smells wonderful as it bakes in the oven so I thought I'd share the recipe with you. It's quite easy, my only problem this morning was that I was out of Eggs! So as I waited for the dollar store to open down the street, I suddenly remembered my neighbor Linda who has chickens! Quickly I dialed her number and asked... "Do you have eggs this morning?" "Why, Yes! " she replied. "I'll be right over!" and off I went to get a couple dozen fresh eggs! I love fresh eggs!

So here is the recipe I used today, which I got from www.simplyrecipes.com.
Banana Bread on Simply Recipes

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour


- I used Cooking spray (instead of buttering the loaf pan)

METHOD

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). 
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. 
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. (I premixed these in a 2 cup glass measure then added to the bananas)
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. 
- Add the flour last, mix. (I added a couple handfuls of Hazelnuts! - I was out of walnuts)
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.  (At this point I sprinkled Cinnamon/sugar mix on top!)
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

...and here's MINE NOW!!


No comments:

Post a Comment