Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cupcakes for all Occasions!

I have wanted to make and sell cupcakes for a Loooong time now. I'm not sure why, I just like cupcakes so much, and there are SO many possibilities with them! So a few days ago, a friend of mine was online and looking for an idea for her little girl's 7th birthday. CUPCAKES! Seemed a natural solution. The problem was she didn't have time to make them. We are so busy these days it's hard to find the time to do things like this so.. this is where I can help!

We looked at a few ideas and she really liked these rainbow cupcakes I showed her so I took the burden from her and eagerly accepted the first order for cupcakes! I figured this would be an easy one to start with since there was no filling, very little decoration needed on top, just white frosting and I wanted to add a little colored sugar.

Let me tell you... Rainbow Cupcakes is NOT a walk in the park. They are not difficult, just Time consuming. I mixed up a white batter, and then separated into 4 bowls. Tinted with good vibrant coloring til I was happy with the colors then the fun began! Spooning a small amount into each cup.. no problem. Smoothing it to the edges so it doesn't mix & marble with the color beneath - there is a trick to that! LUCKILY I had read about this trick and knew what to do. Needless to say, I did ONE dozen at a time, and it took 50 minutes from mixing batter to putting ONE tray in the oven. Amazing! Would I do it again? YOU BET!  They turned out SUPER... I loved them, she loved them, her little girl loved them, even her hubby loved them and wants some for HIS birthday! YAY!!! Here are a few pics...

This is before any frosting was applied. The cupcake wrapper was yellow (see at top of paper) but you can definitely see the colors of the layers thru the wrapper! (and yes, the top is Purple!)

After that we have a couple pictures of them frosted and ready to go. I made 2 dozen and one dozen I sprinkled with blue sugar on top of the frosting, and the other was a light green. Light green didn't show up as well, so I think it either needed more, or needed to be blue. But Just the same it added a little sparkle to them.


Time to box them up and roll 'em out!

YAY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment