Friday, April 19, 2013

Mini Meatloaves

This idea came to me after eating mini meatloaf by Jenny Craig. Eventually you need to be able to eat on your own without the assist of their food, so I wanted to make a smaller portion of meatloaf but full flavored and I think I hit on it!

Reducing the size was easy enough, a cupcake pan makes the perfect portion size. But my previous meatloaf recipe was not the healthiest so I began experimenting. Instead of breadcrumbs I needed a more healthy 'filler' so I looked to my Turkey Burger recipe as an example and began shredding veggies to use. Feel free to switch out the veggies below with whatever you have in your fridge.

1 lb. Ground Turkey (or ground beef if you need to ease into healthiness)

1/2 lb of mixed shredded veggies like:
zucchini
carrots
yellow squash

add:
1/2 cup chopped onions
2-3 cloves minced garlic

Roll into balls, and somewhat smash into the cupcake tin. Bake 25 min at 350, then drain any grease off and top with a spoon full of your favorite BBQ sauce. Return to the oven for 5 more min and done!

I don't have a picture to post right now, but as soon as I find it... I will. Here is one I found through Googling, just to give you an idea of what it should look like.



Compliments of bellabistro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment